Wondrous Strange - Wondrous Strange #1 and Darklight #2 - Lesley Livingston


.




Kelley Winslow is a young 17 year old girl with nothing out of the ordinary except her love for theatre. Young actor to be on the stage is the only magic she knows, as she puts on the wings of Faerie wings of Queen Titania on a Broadway production of “A Midsummer Night’s Dream”. Well, that until she finds out she is not far from being a real Faerie Royalty.

Princess of the Otherworld, in love with the changeling guard Sonny Flannery who has secrets that even he doesn’t know about, Kelly is a constant hit target now that her identity has been revealed.


These were the first books of the Faerie Month, and oh I loved them. Books like this make me happy for the YA out there. Kudos to Maggie Stiefvater for defending the YA literature.

The Story is very good and action wise as well. I had some time I have to admit, getting used to Sonny’s name. Tall, dark and handsome by the name of Sonny. I got used to by the time I hit volume two.

Now I can’t wait for what it will come next. The ending left me heart broken and with dozens of questions. I bow to a great Fairy work and look forward to more from the author.

QUOTE TIME XD

"You're joking. You want to help me?"
"We're brothers-in-arms, Sonny." Fennrys stood and paced restlessly. "And, truth is, I'm bored out of my mind in Manhattan. Nothing to do there but jump at shadows and put up with Aaneel's pompous yapping: 'There're crack in the Gate! Remain vigilant! Protect the puny humans! Eek, a mouse!' It's tiresome."


(One thing I loved about the second volume was that we got to have more of Fennrys Wolf! XD )

"Sonny pulled Lucky up short and swung around to face Fennrys. "I'm not afraid to die. I just don't want to die surprised. And I swear to all the gods, if the last thought that goes through my mind is 'What the hell was that?' I will hunt you down in the afterlife and punch you in the face throughout eternity."


"What about the whiskey?" Jack said as they ran. "Won't it keep them out?"
"The Green Maidens don't drink anything but blood." Bob's disembodied voice floated after them. "The whiskey magick won't affect them."
"Wonderful," the old actor muttered a tremor of fear in his voice. "I should've poured a Bloody Mary.""