The Iron Queen - Julie Kagawa (Iron Fey #3)


.


My name is Meghan Chase.
I thought it was over. That my time with the fey, the impossible choices I had to make, the sacrifices of those I loved, was behind me. But a storm is approaching, an army of Iron fey that will drag me back, kicking and screaming. Drag me away from the banished prince who's sworn to stand by my side. Drag me into the core of conflict so powerful, I'm not sure anyone can survive it.

This time, there will be no turning back.(via Goodreads)

Meghan - "In real life,I've changed so much I don't even recognize myself."

As she said it herself, Meghan changes a lot during her adventures. Three books and we find a new Meghan, even more determined, brave and truly in love. She is more mature and ready to stand up for what she thinks is right.
I always love it when I see visible evolution of the characters in books, and not only, same goes for when I am reading manga.
Ash has been on constant change as well since the beginning of the series. If at the start he shows only little glimpses of how he can be, now he was. He was sweet, open and oh so romantic and loving. Him and Meghan easily ranked up in my favorite lit pairs. They love each other so much that at times is heart breaking.
Dear Puck learned the way of Tomoyo: My happiness is her happiness. How can I not love and respect that, especially since an old dog like him would be hard to learn new tricks, like selflessness.

The three of them together with the amazing Grima return to the Iron Realm to prevent the NeverNever from being destroyed. Struggling with her Iron and Summer powers Meghan is a real hero, as much as Ash and Puck. You cannot put this book down and come back tomorrow to read the next chapter. Because it is like a fairy that has enchanted you, and you cannot break free until you complete your deal and finish reading it; with cheeks drenched with tears and sobbing like a baby.

The Iron Queen as the whole series, is amazing, fascinating and absolutely brilliant. And Julie Kagawa is one of my literary heroes (J.K Rowling leading them all), and I will definitely read more that comes out of her amazing "pen".

QUOTES T_T

PUCK - My, aren't we bossy today. Give a girl an army and it goes straight to her head.

- It's not everyday I get to tell someone I was attacked by a pair of flying reading glasses. Ow

MEGHAN - A little warning would’ve been nice. You couldn’t have said, ‘Hey, as part of your training today, I’m going to beat you senseless’.
- "I wished that, for once, faery tales – real faery tales, not Disney fairy tales – would have a happy ending."

ASH - “I would think you’re better suited to the task, Goodfellow,” he said without turning around. “After all, that’s what you’re best at isn’t it? Watching?”
- "Her desires are mine. Her wishes are mine. Should even the world stand against her, my blade will be at her side. And should it fail to protect her, let my own existence be forfeit."


sobbing in a corner A.M Bells