The Iron Daughter - Julie Kagawa (Iron Fey #2)


.



Half Summer faery princess, half human, Meghan has never fit in anywhere. Deserted by the Winter prince she thought loved her, she is prisoner to the Winter faery queen. As war looms between Summer and Winter, Meghan knows that the real danger comes from the Iron fey—ironbound faeries that only she and her absent prince have seen. But no one believes her.
Worse, Meghan's own fey powers have been cut off. She's stuck in Faery with only her wits for help. Trusting anyone would be foolish. Trusting a seeming traitor could be deadly. But even as she grows a backbone of iron, Meghan can't help but hear the whispers of longing in her all-too-human heart.


Did I like this book? No! I LOVED IT!
Iron Daughter picks up where Winter's Passage left us...sort off.
Meagan is at the Winter Court having completed her contract with Ash. And she ain't having it easy. A Summer half-human fairy in a Winter Court where every creature from the most unimportant Red Cap to the Winter Queen herself hunts for your weaknesses so they can tear you apart. Ohh yeah!

This one was action packed from the beginning and we actually get to know better Ash's brothers: Rowan and Sage. One I hated, and one I liked. This is all I can tell. It was nice to having them active and not so 1D as they were in Iron King. But aside from the brothers, Ash had his character development. He is not just the prince of the Unseelie Court, cold and inflexible. We get to see a softer side of him, protective and capable of great sacrifices. Yes, his heart has melted, if it was ever truly frozen.

Puck, despite being a little absent in the start comes back in full power. And man does he make up for absence. I love his humor and stark, and how he is still Ash's friend even if they keep fighting to kill each other. Frenemies are they called? I'm thinking that how Ariella was the catalysis in their grudge, Meghan is the one that ties them back...more or less.

The book is full of turns and twists and surprises that had me gasping or aww'ing even sobbing near the end. And I was actually happy that I didn't know anything as I read (My spoiler inside Freak was tamed for the day).

But let us not forget the lead girl of this story. Even with her powers cut off by Queen Mab there is still something inside her. Oh, and what power! Queen Mab should have feared this power instead of the summery one. Meghan was herself and maybe a little bit more. Still determined, stubborn and ready to give it all. The novelty is her struggle with some mixed feeling. We can't have a story without a little bit of love triangle, right?

Oh. Scene that had me in stitches: The satyr at the spa Miroku. (Anyone who has ever seen Inuyasha will understand me)

Bottom point: I love this series. And I can't wait to get Iron Queen.

QUOTE TIME \^o^/

Tiaothin - "Meghan's in lo-ove," sang the phouka, making my heart stop. "Meghan's in lo-ove. Meghan and Ash, sitting in a tre--"

(I should mention that for some reason I found myself fond of Tiaothin. Hope she'll appear again.)

Puck - "You look like crap, prince. Did you miss me?"

Ash - "You're here, and the only dance I want is this one."

PS: Oh Ironhorse! Hugs Ironhorse!

A.M Bells

One Response to “The Iron Daughter - Julie Kagawa (Iron Fey #2)”

  1. Unknown says:

    I still haven't read the first one but the covers are breathtkaing I should really start!!!

    Your blog is beautiful!!! I love it!!! Feel free to stop by my place and stay hello! I love seeing newbies!