Jealousy (Strange Angels) - Lili St. Claire


.

I did a marathon read with this one because I really wanted to finish it before the New Year. Reading it in the same time with Stardust I did it. Just a minute before 31 Dec I finished and the line was drawn at 115 books read in the year 2010. Yaaay!

Sooo, let us begin!



Dru is finally safe in the Prima Schola, or is she?
She started to learn more about what it means to be svetocha, goes to classes, keeps close to the Broken Ash and maybe even gives a try to dating. Christophe has disappeared again and of course the only people that she can trust are Graves, Dibs and Shanks. But mostly Graves.
Lies, betrayals and jealousy, and all have at the core none other Anna.


With the first two books I said I would give them 4.5 points. But this one really deserves 5 points. It was, dare I say, amazing.
Even if Dru should have been in a safe place you feel that is an illusion as you read. There is a lot more to the safeness, as it is to Anna. And Yes, I did have a few reasons to hate her even more. But wow, I had surprises!

I am really getting excited about Ash's evolution and I really really hope he will manage to revert back in his true form. I grew quite fond of the guy.

Also together with the guys from Betrayals (Dibs and Shanks) two more have joined the wagon and I loved them. Benjamin and Leon! They were funny and cool in their way, and I was happy that they were on Dru's side.

Dru of course was herself. Kick-ass and tomboyish just as we got used to her, making guys buy her Midol and finally getting a scent as appetizing as Christophe's apple pie. Oh, and hail the hoodies and jeans. We got to glimpse a little into Graves's past ( *giggle* his full name is “Edgar Hideaki Graves.” *giggle*) but I still root for Christophe.
Speaking of Christophe there are a lot of things we discover about him as well, and not only: Dru's mum, Anna *death glare*, and August ^_^.

QUOTE TIMEEEE \^o^/

"Get me some Midol, all right?"
Benjamin all but choked. Leon studies the ceiling with a great deal of interest, a smile twitching at the corners of his thin mouth. While Benjamin looked ready to sink into the floor, Leon looked highly amused.
I decided I liked him.


"The ice," Leon said to thin air over my head, "has now officially broken."


A.M Bells

4 Responses to “Jealousy (Strange Angels) - Lili St. Claire”

  1. Nicole says:

    I remember talking to you at the beginning of the year about how many books we want to read in 2010. How high was your goal?
    You read 115 books? Goodreads says 95. How is that?

  2. A.M Bells says:

    Hey, I have 114 on goodreads, right?
    Also, some of the books I read are not in the goodreads data base.

  3. A.M Bells says:

    Oh, and the goal was minimum of 110 and maximum of 150.

  4. Nicole says:

    Your stats on goodreads say 95 for the year 2010. Where were you looking?
    Anyway it's great!