Angel Star - Jennifer Murgia


.



Seventeen-year-old Teagan McNeel falls for captivating Garreth Adams and soon discovers that her crush has an eight-point star etched into the palm of his right hand-the mark of an angel.

But where there is light, dark follows, and she and Garreth suddenly find themselves vulnerable to a dark angel's malicious plan that could threaten not only her life, but the lives of everyone she knows, and now, she is torn between one angel's sacrifice and another angel's vicious ambition.

Divinely woven together, Angel Star takes readers on a reflective journey when one angel's sacrifice collides with another angel's vicious ambition in a way that is sure to have readers searching for their own willpower. - Goodreads


For me the description doesn't do it justice. Because the book had more to it. Maybe it is good like that. There are books that charm you when you read a small description and then disappoint you when you read them. Kinda like movie trailers.

** spoiler alert ** Yaaay! I can finally write about this. ^_^
It is very clear I loved reading it. Angels are the new Vampires and I am happy to take a break from the whole blood sucking and jump into a more innocent and whiter world of Angels.

The first thing I loved about this book is how they didn't beat around the bush with the whole "I am watching you from afar" crap. C'mon, now really. See, you can write a great book even the whole gig is out from the beginning. You save yourselves the trouble and can finally be honest with each other, aye?

The second thing I loved: Hadrian. Love at the tenth power. He was pure evil and he was so skilled in showing that Teagan is not all sweet and innocent and has a little "bad" in her like every human being.

THIRD - It was so easy to relate to Teagan from the moment she stepped in. The whole book shelf and passion and everything :)).
And awesome job with killing the best friend. Most authors try to save best friends of the lead.

My respect for that.


QUOTE TIIIIIIMEEEEE

Garreth - "I can't explain it too well. I picture myself being completely in tune with you. I breathe when you breathe. My heart beats when yours beats. I can time them perfectly to each other and then I just...slow it all down. It's really very easy."

Teagan - "What is it?"
Garreth - "No one's ever prayed for me before. I've always heard your prayers. You prayed for me to come to you when you had a bad dream. I even heard you pray for a perfect, selfless, superwonderful boy to fall in love with. But I've never heard you pray for me."