MORGANVILLE VAMPIRES Book 1 - Rachel Caine


.

As always, the books I refuse to read turn out to be the ones I instantly fall in love with the moment I read them.
Same happened with Morganville Vampires. I just couldn’t stand the first volume cover so I said I couldn’t like this book (I know I know, don’t judge the book by its cover).



GLASS HOUSES

How is begins?
Claire is a small genius of 16 going to college at TPU in this small town Morganville. She is harassed by Monica, one of the girls from there to such extent that she even pushes Claire down the stairs and threatens her life.
So Claire can only look for a place as far from campus and Monica as possible.

Enter the Glass House.

Owner – Michael Glass, one piece of blond blue eyes beauty musician, sleeps the days, makes beautiful music in the night.

Tenants – Eve Rosser, Goth girl, barista and horrible cook  . Eve is one great girl with all her dark Goth persona.
Shane Collins – Best friend of Michael’s, the second piece of male hotness but more in the trouble maker punch your face if you piss me off kinda guy. Gamer and slacker

Also, what Claire finds out about her new town is much more then she bargained for when she came to study. The town is run by vampires!

But her new friends are right there to help her, even if it’s Monica or the vampires of the town with to many secrets and dangerous. But they also have secrets of their own, well, they are Morganville residents. How could they not?


I was thinking of taking a break from vampires this year. Yet, this turned my plans around.

My best friend told me "You know you shouldn't start reading books with unknown potential when you have exams. Amateur mistake"
Indeed it was. After reading two quotes and laughing out loud I said I will read two chapters and go back to studying. Six hours later, one Redbull, bag of chips and a pair of bloodshot eyes I was done with the first volume and wanted more.

I fall for the darnest books these days. But this one really got me. The action is so fast paced that it didn't let me have a breathe. Poor Claire is thrown into a roller coaster ride from the first beginning, and you are right there with her in the front line.

And the characters are so easy to like, and they interact so great with each other. Lately I am very peaky in terms and dialog and interactions between the characters. I hate it when they sound fake or forced. But these guys together are pure gold even if they are so different from each other (The Goth, The Slacker, The Musician, The Smartypants ^_^)

This is a great YA book and such a tease for College student away from home. Why don't out educational trips away from home turn out this way. A town of vamps, adventure, near death experiences and all that. AND SHANE <3.

QUOTE TIIIIIIMEEEEE

Michael - Scoot over, man. I don't like you that much.
Shane - Dick. That's not what you said last night.
Michael - Bite me.

Shane - Damn, Claire. Warn a guy before you do a face-plant on the floor next time. I could have looked all heroic and caught you or something.

Okay, this was kissing. Serious kissing. Not just a kiss before moving out, not a good-bye, this was Hello, sexy, and wow, she’d never even suspected that it could feel this way.