Scarlett - Barbara Baraldi


.



Scarlett is a normal teenager from Cremona that had to move with her family in Siena. She has to go through a new school, new friends and a new life without her old best friends. She loves reading and befriends immediately the bizarre librarian and when everything seems to be all right in her life it goes downhill.
But the mysterious Mikael, bass player in the Dead Stones, is right there for her when she needs the help more and protects her from the unnatural powers that lurk around her.


It took me longer to read this book since it was in Italian and I was as rusty as you can get. But I had great fun reading it. I really didn’t know what to think Mikael was until he actually said it. I guess I am too used with vampire books and boys who protect you from the shadows being vampires.
The love is sweet and charming between them. Mikael is kind and dolce, helping Scarlett not only fend the dark but with her family.
Her relationship with her little brother was adorable. I wanted to hug that little kid so much. XD
Overall, great story for a preteen girl and not only.