Cassandra Clare - City of Glass


.



To save her mother's life, Clary must travel to the City of Glass, the ancestral home of the Shadowhunters -- never mind that entering the city without permission is against the Law, and breaking the Law could mean death. To make things worse, she learns that Jace does not want her there, and Simon has been thrown in prison by the Shadowhunters, who are deeply suspicious of a vampire who can withstand sunlight.
As Clary uncovers more about her family's past, she finds an ally in mysterious Shadow-hunter Sebastian. With Valentine mustering the full force of his power to destroy all Shadow-hunters forever, their only chance to defeat him is to fight alongside their eternal enemies. But can Downworlders and Shadowhunters put aside their hatred to work together? While Jace realizes exactly how much he's willing to risk for Clary, can she harness her new found powers to help save the Glass City -- whatever the cost?

(Review via Goodreads cuz I was to lazy to write one!) :D sowy

This last book was a roller coaster ride. I laughed, I cried, I went through chapters with my heart going “thumb thumb” in my chest with anticipation. I never felt so hyped up with a book for a long time now and I love to have the feeling back.

The characters grew up in their own way; Clary became more and more a fighter. I love her character, she needs saving but she saves too. And Alec, ohh Alec I was so happy when he finally made it. (Can’t say more, I don’t want to spoil). Woot for fighter Simon! \^o^/ He kicked ass in his own way.
I don’t have to talk about Jace! He is the one I care more about. I’m a girl, aren’t I?

I can’t wait to read “City of Fallen Angels”, and in the same time I am so scared! T_T Jace and Clary had enough suffering with believing they were siblings. I can’t imagine what Cassandra Clare will put them through again. :(

QUOTE TIME \^o^/

"You could have had anything else in the world, and you asked for me."
She smiled up at him. Filthy as he was, covered in blood and dirt, he was the most beautiful thing she'd ever seen. "But I don't want anything else in the world."

-Jace and Clary"


Jace - "You had to make a crazy jail friend didn't you? You couldn't just count ceiling tiles or tame a pet mouse like normal prisoners do?"

Jace - "There is no pretending," Jace said with absolute clarity. "I love you, and I will love you until I die, and if there is life after that, I'll love you then."

“Patience, grasshopper,” said Maia. “Good things come to those who wait.” “I always thought that was ‘Good things come to those who do the wave,’” said Simon. “No wonder I’ve been so confused all my life.” “’Confused’ is a nice word for it,” said Jace."