City of Ashes - Cassandra Clare


.




Started - 8 feb 2010
Finished - 9 feb 2010

Even if Clary wants her life to go back to normal, it can never happen. Being a Shadowhunter, even if not an experienced one, Clary is dragged in a world of werewolves, vampires and faeries. She has to deal with her mother’s coma, her newfound brother and her new relationship with her best friend Simon while all around New York someone is killing Downworlder children. Is Valentine behind the killings -- and if he is, what is he trying to do?
Jace has been accused of being Valentine’s spy and is forced to move out of the institute.
It falls on Clary and her friends to clear Jace’s name and start a battle against her own father to take back the Mortal Instruments he possesses and save her friends that he has taken as sacrifices.


This is the sequel the amazing City of Bones that brings more action and magic. We get to find more about some other characters. Get the know Isabelle and Alec’s parents and little bother Max who is a little sweetheart. Get to know more about Alec himself, and the High Warlock of Brooklyn over 800 years old Magnus Bane.
I couldn’t stop reading this and I have to say my favorite scene has to be the one at the Seelie Court. Sorry Simon, I know you were hurt there!


Again there were so many referenced to anime and manga that my otaku heart had no place in my ribcage :)). Max was trying to read Naruto! That was sweet! ^_^


QUOTE TIME

"'I don't want to be a man,' said Jace. 'I want to be an angst-ridden teenager who can't confront his own inner demons and takes it out verbally on other people instead.'

'Well,' said Luke, 'you're doing a fantastic job."



"‘Well, I’m not kissing the mundane,’ said Jace. ‘I’d rather stay down here and rot.’
‘Forever?’ said Simon. ‘Forever’s an awfully long time.’
Jace raised his eyebrows. ‘I knew it,’ he said. ‘You want to kiss me, don’t you?"
(I loved this one :)) Imagine that happening!)

Jace - "No, I'm just a very naughty boy. I do all sorts of bad things. I kick kittens. I make rude gestures at nuns."


"Maybe it was true what the Seelie Queen said, after all: Love made you a liar."