City of Bones - Cassandra Clare


.



Clary Fray is your normal is your teenage girl with a great boy best friend with a sarcastic sense of humor. One night while they are out to a club, Clary witnesses the murder of a demon by three teenagers: Jace, Alec and Isabelle; and she is the only one that can see them.

They are Shadowhunters, warriors that deal with the demons haunting every dark corner in New York. Clary finds herself pulled into the Shadowhunters world after her mother is kidnapped by demons and she herself is almost killed by one. But it is Jace’s quick thinking and intuition that saves her.

Is Clary one of them? Well, you just have to read!




I loved every moment while reading this book. The characters are amazing, and their interactions tops it. It is packed with magical creatures roaming around down town New York.

Since I am an Otaku I absolutely loved the references to anime and manga:

“Simon’s eyes flicked sideways to stare at the girl, who was industriously studying an issue of Shonen Jump."

“GAMERS DO IT BETTER, OTAKU WENCH, STILL NOT KING.”

“We could watch some Trigun, pop some corn.”



Like I said, I loved the characters and like any other girl out there that read this book I guess I speak the truth that Jace was amazing. He is truly and angel with the attitude of a jerk. But what a jerk!
Simon I guess, he is my geek twin in the book world :)). He was so refreshing and human!
Clary, oh she is so pretty in my head! And I have to say I love her stubbornness and the occasional damsel in distress. :D And her interactions with Jace: Priceless!
I can't wait to read the next books to get more of Magnus :D. I know I know, gay! The story of my life :)) I always like gay guys so sue me ^_^.

QUOTE TIME! \^o^/

Dorothea: "If you were half as funny as you think you are, you'd be twice as funny as you are now."


"'...in fact, don't touch any of my weapons without my permission.'
"Well, there goes my plan for selling them all on ebay," Clary muttered.
"Selling them on what?"
Clary smiled blandly at him, "A mythical place of great magical power."

"Jesus!" Luke exclaimed.
"Actually, it's just me," said Simon. "Although I've been told the resemblance is startling."


Jace: It means 'Shadowhunters: Looking Better in Black Than the Widows of our Enemies Since 1234.

Clary: Sarcasm is the last refuge of the imaginatively bankrupt.







[REMINDER : 18 May 2010, Angel Star is out!]

One Response to “City of Bones - Cassandra Clare”